Classic Sci-Fi Trailers, Vol. 5 (Sinister Cinema). [Category: Commercial]Yet more trailers from science fiction movies from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Most of the camp value on this tape comes from silly scenes from the movies themselves, rather than anything special about the trailers. Still pretty fun.
- Like science fiction westerns? This tape has trailers from two of 'em: Teenage Monster and The Valley of Gwangi.
- In the trailer for Teenagers from Outer Space, they couldn't even afford to show any clips from the movie! It uses stills only! This is the first time I've ever seen such a thing.
- When I was a kid, I had the privilege to see the trailer for the movie Bug! in theaters. It was one of the most memorable trailers I ever saw––it just goes on and on, practically giving away the plot of the whole movie. Thanks, Sinister Cinema, for letting me relive a moment of my youth.
- Msties, take note: contains the trailers for Radar Men from the Moon, The Amazing Colossal Man, and Teenagers from Outer Space.
- Sinister Cinema must record over old tapes sometimes. My copy of this tape has the ending of an incredibly lame, cheap, creaky 1940s Buster Keaton rocket-to-the-moon comedy on the end of it.