Classic Toy Commercials (Moon River, 1993). [Category: Commercial]Baby boomers should enjoy this collection of toy commercials from the 50's and 60's. The fun comes not so much from the commercials themselves (which are pretty conventional for the most part), but from the stabs of nostalgia you get from seeing all those old toys again. These were made in the days when there were few restrictions on toy advertising, so you know the actual toys were not nearly as fun as they looked, but it's still fun to fantasize anyway.
- The Trik-Trak Racing Set commercial encourages kids to race their cars "all over the house"! My dad would have yelled something other than "terrific!", though.
- Ren & Stimpy "Log" fans should make sure to check out the Slinky jingle.
- The Deluxe Man in Space Set is sold only at Food Markets!
- "Is he a dream (sigh!) or a dud (groan)?" No further comment necessary.
- Who's that kid with the mustache in the Beany Copter commercial?
- They got Louis Armstrong himself to sing the Suzy Cute Doll jingle. But why??