Drive-In Movie Double Feature #20 (Sinister Cinema). [Category: Commercial]Although the film quality is not great (common with snack-bar promo collections––these things were probably not very well-preserved), this is probably the best of this series that I've seen so far because it contains many of the really memorable promos, such as the 2001-style Sprite promo and the Buttercup Popcorn jingle. Sinister Cinema gets 5 extra points, though, for keeping repetition to a minimum in this series.
- Practically all the food pictured looks really terrible, even taking into account the washed-out colors and the usual unappetizingness of these things.
- While the announcer enthusiastically cries, "Mmm! What a hamburger!!", the kid pictured eating it looks like he's on Thorazine.
- Nutrition Alert! According to this tape, the following items are "nutritious": Buttercup Popcorn, Hollywood Candy Bars.
- This drive-in will remain open all year round, thanks to "Bernz-O-Matic" in-car heaters. Is that really the best name they could think of for that product?
- Msties, take note: contains the trailer for First Spaceship on Venus.