Drive-In Movie Double Feature #84 (Sinister Cinema). [Category: Commercial]Is it just me or are these intermissions getting shorter? It's not just meâ€“â€“the timer starts at 5 minutes! Dock Sinister Cinema 10 points! Still, this one has a couple of priceless items that haven't appeared before in this series.
- According to my husband, Chilly Dilly just barely makes it to the Evil List.
- Your Drive-In Potato Expert seems just a little too interested in those potatoes he's inspecting!
- Is that motor oil they're pouring into the popcorn popper in the Manley's Hi-Pop Ad? It's either that or the darkest butter I've ever seen!
- The highlight of this intermission is a promo for soft drinks featuring a "doctor" showing us a diagram of the "parched dry area at the back of the throat". This ranks right up with the best hokey "scientific" explanations in cheesy 50s science fiction movies!
- For some reason, the drive-in is raffling off an old jalopy, a self-described "bag of bolts". They suggest you use it to "teach the kids or the wife to drive." New Horizons in Auto Salvage?