Hey Folks! It's Intermission Time, Vol. 2 (Something Weird). [Category: Commercial]This one is not quite as much fun as some of the others in this series, as it focuses mainly on holiday messages and still ad cards for movies, which are usually pretty dull. Still, it has its moments, and you drive-in and walk-in movie ephemera buffs will still find it a valuable addition to your collections.
- Nominations for the Bucky Beaver Hall of Evil: 1. Opera Night gets in for concept alone. 2. Two Vespas, two twins. Here's where the evil begins!
- "Warning to All Sourpusses! Stay Away from This Theatre!"
- Hell Is for Heroes stars Steve McQueen, Bobby Darin, Fess Parker, and Bob Newhart. Now that's a cast of exciting people!
- Most Selfless Public Service Announcement Award: Goes to a spot urging theatergoers to sign a petition to prevent cable tv from coming to their local communities. The spot calls it "pay tv" and says "soon you may have to pay for tv programs you now get for free." Wasn't it considerate of theaters to protect us from such competitors––oops, sorry, I mean money-grubbing corporate criminals?
- Thanks to the selfless efforts of the movie industry, mentioned above, "This Attraction Will NOT Be Seen on TV for at Least 7 Years!"
- Security State Bank "Offers Unusual Services: Drive-In Walk-Up Banking and By-Mail Free Parking." That's pretty unusual!
- 1954 must have been a terrible year! (You must watch the tape to know what I'm talking about.)
- North Bridge Marine Service Co. is on the "East Side of Old Bridge." Got that?
- High-Class Entertainment Award: "Monday & Tuesday Nights, 2 Adult Flicks, Must Be 18."