Hey Folks! It's Intermission Time, Vol. 6 (Something Weird). [Category: Commercial]Lots more snack bar promos, lots more local ads from strangely-named businesses, and a collection of title cards and campy promos from exploitation movies highlight this volume. Starts with a bang, with the thoroughly evil James River Smithfield Barbecue ad, and ends with a bang, with a campy "sex hygiene" promo for Slightly Damaged. Lots of great ephemera in between, too.
- I'm not going to describe the evil barbecue ad I teased you with in the main revue because that would lessen its impact. But be duly warned that it deserves a Bucky Beaver 5-Star Evil Warning.
- Other additions to the Bucky Beaver Evil List: the Firm Security Systems speaker thieves announcement (look for the sign of the big red fist––that franchise must have been a big hit behind the Iron Curtain), and the bizarre, incoherent 7-Up promo featuring a dorky teenage couple. Though the carnival barker in the hamburger promo is an evil-wanna-be.
- Patronize the following local merchants: Grippo Potato Chips, Harm's Drive- In Dispensary, L. R. (Buddie) Hopkins Clothing, Papa Gino's Pizza, Inc., Uncle Charles Sausage Company, Conkwright Hardware, Gordon's "Magic Pak" Potato Chips, Steak House, A. T. Whitt & Co. Insurance, Broadway No. 1 Meat Market, Broadway No. 2 Meat Market, Binder Men's Wear, Ale-8-One Bottling Company, Howard Pasley's Standard Oil (you realize only a single letter "i" keeps me away from making another tiresome Dick Swing joke), Rice TV Sales & Service ("Is Your TV Sick?"), Hasty Tasty Drive-In, and Bluegrass Beauty Academy.
- O.K., so the "Projected by Union Operators" card is in terrible shape––stop snickering!
- Most of the disgusting food on this tape is pizza. Some looks like roadkill, some looks like moldy roadkill, some looks like roadkill topped with miniature marshmallows, and the Tolona Pizza has a whole six pieces of pepperoni on it!
- Items for the Film Ephemera Museum of Quirky Devices: the cookbook entitled "Famous Italian Recipes" from a pizza promo (you see this just as the narrator is saying the pizza is made from a "famous Italian recipe"), the "Guess What?" candy packages from a candy promo, and the magnetic letters from a soft drink promo.
- James Coburn orders us to use Christmas Seals. I'm not gonna say no to him.
- Msties, take note: contains title cards for Swamp Women (an alternate title of Swamp Diamonds), and Pin-Down Girl (an alternate title of Racket Girls).
- Added to the end of the tape is footage from the Ultimate Hat Party, with the Solar System Hat the Grandest of All.